How to Reset Kindle to Factory Settings
Sometimes, you have made some settings in your Amazon Kindle Fire, and it has made the device stop working. You have no idea which setting has made it to happen. In that case, you need to factory reset kindle fire to make it to work again. In order to know how to reset kindle to factory settings, you should have an idea which generation Amazon Kindle you do have. For different generations, there are different steps to be followed for the factory reset kindle fire. Well, you are at the right place! This guide will let you know the steps to reset your Kindle fire, no matter whether you have 1st, 2nd , 3rd or 4th generation Kindle Fire. Let’s get started!
Steps for How to Reset Kindle to Factory Settings
Due to different reasons, you may need to factory reset Kindle Fire. But, you should remember that performing the factory reset will erase all the information, even the account information. This will bring the device into the format when you have bought the device. So, make your firm decision, and then, according to your Kindle Fire version, you need to follow the steps as follows:
For 1st and 2nd Generation:
You need to follow the steps given below if you have the Kindle Fire of 1st and 2nd generation. So, the steps are:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings (gear icon) of your Kindle Fire.
- Step 2: Then, click on More option.
- Step 3: After that, select the option of the Device.
- Step 4: Now, go to the option of “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Step 5: In last, select the option of Erase Everything.
These are the steps to complete the factory reset Kindle Fire for the 1st and 2nd generation Amazon Kindle devices.
For 3rd and Later Generation:
For the Kindle devices that belong to the 3rd and later generation, the steps for the factory reset are different for them. To reset those, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings of your device.
- Step 2: Then, select the Devices option.
- Step 3: Now, select the option of “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Step 4: Last, select Reset to bring all the settings to the factory format.
Now, there may be a case when your device is off, and the only solution to resolve any issue is to perform the factory reset. So, if your device is off, then it is not possible to factory reset Kindle Fire with the above-mentioned steps. In that case, you need to follow the steps mentioned in the alternative method.
Alternative Method to Perform Factory Reset Kindle Fire
When your Kindle Fire is in off state, then you need to follow the instructions given below to reset your device.
- Step 1: Keep pressing the power button and the volume down button together till the System Recovery screen doesn’t appear.
- Step 2: Now, use the volume button to move the choice up and down.
- Step 3: With the help of the volume button, select the option of Wipe Data or Reset.
- Step 4: The confirmation screen will appear.
- Step 5: Press the power button to confirm the choice.
- Step 6: Then, again use the volume button to select the option “Yes, delete all user data”.
- Step 7: In last, tap the power button again to restart the device.
Device is Resetted!
Now, by these steps, you have successfully performed the factory reset kindle fire. Now, you can use your device again like it is a new device. But, one thing you need to make sure of is to keep track of the settings that you are making now so that it won’t create problems in the end.