How to Set Up Kindle for Child
Reading is a good habit. So, if your child remains busy with digital and smart devices, then why not turn it into something good. With Kindle, the habit of reading will develop in your children. Moreover, you have the option to set up kindle for child, so that they can have access only to informative reading. Therefore, there is something good with Amazon Kindle , No! Well, if you don’t know anything about setting up child’s Kindle account, then you don’t need to go anywhere else. This guide is specifically for you to help you in set up kindle for child. So, let’s get started!
Steps to Set Up Kindle for Child
Amazon has added the specific edition of Amazon Kids in this pandemic to make their free time worth. Though, if they have their own account with Amazon, then they can create their own account. But then, you cannot control the access to their readings. So, there is an option for you to set up Kindle for child and make sure they are learning the good things. Follow the instructions given below to make your child account.
First thing you need to do is to set the parental control in the Amazon Kindle. After that, you can set up the Kindle account for your child.
Setting Up Parental Control in Kindle
For setting up the parental control in Kindle, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Step 1: Login with your Amazon account in Kindle.
- Step 2: Then, go to the Settings of your device.
- Step 3: Now, click on the Applications and Parental Control.
- Step 4: Then, select the option of Enable Parental Control.
- Step 5: The screen will open with a toggle button to enable the parental control.
- Step 6: Toggle it to On the parental control.
- Step 7: The screen will open asking you to set the password for the parental control.
- Step 8: Enter and confirm the new password, and tap on the Submit button.
- Step 9: Now, in the next screen, you can restrict and allow various things for your children.
With this, you have applied the Parental Control on your device. Now, to set up kindle for child, you need to move to the next section to know about the steps.
Setting Up Child’s Kindle Account
Now, you are ready for setting up child’s Kindle account, therefore, follow these steps:
- Step 1: First, go to the Home screen of Kindle, and then select Menu from there.
- Step 2: Then, tap on Amazon Kids.
- Step 3: Now, click on the option Add New Profile or Add Child Profile.
- Step 4: It will ask you to enter the parental control password.
- Step 5: Enter the one that you have selected in the previous section.
- Step 6: Enter the other child’s information as asked like name and birthday.
- Step 7: Add the various books or readings in their library.
- Step 8: Hit the Next button once you are done with the selection.
- Step 9: Review the settings for your child account, and tap on the Done button.
Tada! You have successfully set up Kindle for child. As you have seen it is just a matter of a few minutes, and now you don’t need to bother about the content type they are reading. By setting up child’s Kindle account, you have made their life a bit interesting in this pandemic. Moreover, you can edit the type of the content later on, and add on other books as well at later stages. Therefore, let your child explore their world with Amazon Kindle Kids.